From few notes scribbled onto an A4 sheet of paper to, in under one month, to being the first university in the world to go live with the Blackboard Open Education Platform, was a roller coaster ride for the development team.
Our timeline of the development, delivery and evaluation of the event will include:
- The design of light touch flexible framework incorporating social media.
- The decisions around having no learning objectives or target learners.
- The focus on fun and openness.
- Gamification with the opportunity for participants to win bronze, silver and gold medals (badges) each week.
- Overcoming the “no budget” challenge.
- Evaluation findings.
We will share our experiences of Blackboard’s Open Education platform, as well as how this experience of event based learning is helping us to inform new open and online developments within our institution.