Call for Abstracts: Deadline 1st December 2014
** By popular demand the deadline for submission of extracts has been extended …
OER15 welcomes contributions for the following types of submission:
- Oral presentations: Oral presentations lasting 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes discussion, will normally report research studies and evaluations. Substantial case studies of significant original innovations may also be presented orally.
- Lightning talks: Oral presentations lasting 10 minutes followed by 5 minutes questions with follow-up discussion will normally report a work in progress, exploratory or small scale innovations and case studies.
- Interactive workshop: 60-90 minute interactive workshops will help delegates to experience and explore practice-based facets of OER, or approaches to associated scholarship and research.
- Poster presentation: Posters reporting innovations or scholarship will be exhibited.
- Alternative Formats : Suggest a format for your contribution if it does not fit the options above, indicating timing and other requirements (location, equipment, etc.).
All abstracts must be submitted online following which they will undergo a peer review process.
Submit abstracts via the online submission system at http://ocs.sfu.ca/alt/index.php/conferences/OER15.
To submit an abstract:
- Create an account at http://go.alt.ac.uk/1tzOS8I. Please select the option ‘Author’ in the final section ‘Create account as’.
- Log in and click ‘User Home’ from the top menu bar
- Click ‘New Submission’
- Select the type of abstract you would like to submit & the theme to which it is related
- Confirm the items on the submission checklist
- Click ‘Save and Continue’
- Add author information. To add more than one author click ‘Add Author’
- Paste your title and abstract into the relevant fields
- Click ‘Save and Continue’
N.B. The word limit for abstracts is 500 words, including references.
If your submission is accepted (as a presentation, lightning talk, workshop, poster or alternative format), you will be invited to submit a short paper (max 2.500 words) by 27 March 2015. It is not compulsory to submit a paper. These short papers will be published online, alongside abstracts, on the conference website. A small number of short papers will be selected for further development and inclusion in a special issue of the Journal of Interactive Media in Education.
Please reflect the conference focus ‘Mainstreaming Open Education’ and the sub themes in your submissions.
- Impact Research
- Open Education across Languages and Cultures
- Learners and Other Communities
- Open Educational Practice (OEP) and Policy
- Open Courses
- Open Education in Colleges and Schools
Please note the following important dates for presenters
- 24 November 2014 : Call for abstracts closes
- 22 December 2014 : Notification of paper acceptance
- 27 March 2015: Short papers submission deadline
- 10 April 2015: All presentations & posters to be uploaded
- 14-15 April 2015: Conference Dates